Health and Safety Policy
Dar al Quran Management is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of teachers and students, contractors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
We are committed to ensuring we comply with the Work Health and Safety Act 2012, the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2012 and applicable Codes of Practice and Australian Standards as far as possible.
Will provide and maintain as far as possible:
- a safe working environment
- safe systems of work
- plant and substances in safe condition
- facilities for the welfare of workers
- information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each worker is safe from injury and risks to health
- a commitment to consult and cooperate with workers in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace
- a commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management.
Each teacher has an obligation to:
- comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to plant and equipment
- take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others
- wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary
- comply with any direction given by management for health and safety
- not misuse or interfere with anything provided for health and safety
- report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial
- report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager.
Application of this policy
We seek the cooperation of all workers, community members, students and other persons. We encourage suggestions for realising our health and safety objectives to create a safe working environment with a zero-accident rate.
This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situations where workers are required to work off-site.